We would like to acknowledge and thank The Coast Salish People, The Musqueam, Tsleil-Waututh and Squamish on whose traditional territories we teach, learn and live.
The Indigenous success team at Ecole Alpha Secondary provides enhanced programming and services to Indigenous students and their families. Our enhanced services are intended to create pathways to success for each and every Indigenous student within our school.
School based services include, but are not limited to:
Indigenous student and family support : Lorelei Lyons, Amber Norris, Shelley Greene, Frank McLean
- Cultural programming and enhancements
- Academic tracking and enhancements
- Access to specialized programming from Indigenous Youth Engagement worker
- Access to individualized services from Secondary Indigenous Success Teacher
- One to one services for parents and students
- Special field trips
- Access to specialized scholarship and post-secondary information
- Access to special school based and District events
Teacher support: Indigenous Enhancement, Curriculum and Instruction: Karla Gamble
Works with classroom teachers around inclusion of Indigenous perspectives into classroom practice. Supports teachers by connecting them with resources and skills to implement indigenous perspective respectfully for all learners.
For more information regarding Indigenous Success Programs and Services at Ecole Alpha Secondary please contact:
Indigenous Youth Engagement Worker – Lorelei Lyons Cell: 604-760-2584
Indigenous Success Teacher – Amber Norris
Indigenous Success Teacher – Shelley Greene
Indigenous Success Teacher – Frank McLean
Indigenous Enhancement, Curriculum and Instruction – Karla Gamble
For more information on Indigenous Education in Burnaby Schools please visit: https://burnabyschools.ca/indiginouseducation