Hi Everyone, debate club is Hosting a Christmas Babysitting fundraiser! Got nowhere to leave your kids while doing Christmas shopping? We have the perfect solution for you, drop you kids off under the supervision of the responsible, fun and caring debate team! We will supervise you kids from 6:00pm to 9:00pm on December 19th. Activities such as board games, crafts and movies will be provided. It’s sure to be a festive time. The price is $15 for the first child and 10$ for every child after that. Click this link to register: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf1hxFq02VRPl_IcVg3UifXX0B2jgLjoQE47nN_bMhkNlv8lw/viewform?vc=0&c=0&w=1
WHAT'S NEW @ ALPHA
Opportunity for Feedback on District’s Proposed 3-year Calendar
The Burnaby School District is welcoming feedback and comments until January 8, 2020 about the proposed three-year calendar for the school years from 2020-21 through 2022-23. The calendar sets out winter and spring breaks, as well as school closure days, including district-wide professional days.
The following is of note:
- The proposed three-year calendar is aligned with other Metro Vancouver school districts; the winter and spring break dates suggested are the same.
- Since 2014 the Burnaby School District has been operating with five school closure days. The instructional time lost, due to the closure days, is added to the remaining days in session.
- The number of professional development days (six) remains the same in all three years.
- The draft calendar for the 2020-21 school year includes four Professional Development Days which tentatively fall on:
- Friday October 23, 2020
- Friday November 27, 2020
- Friday February 26, 2021
- Monday April 26, 2021
- Each school must also choose additional professional days (two) over the course of the school year. These are published in the spring before the following year’s calendar.
- Each year, all Burnaby Schools meet the required hours of instruction.
If you have feedback, please share it by emailing email@example.com
See https://burnabyschools.ca for more information.
Interested in attending a College or University in BC in the fall?
The Post Secondary Information (PSI) Session will be Nov.28th. in the small gym from 6 pm – 8 pm.
Grade 8s & 9s – Josh Hines, Drug Use & Stigma – Large gym
Grade 10s – Stephen Majetic, Financial Literacy – Drama studio
Time to write your message to your friends, family and grad class. The following link has the information you need as well as a space to upload you baby photo.
Baby Photos should be scanned in high resolution format to be printable. If you are scanning, please scan at 300-600dpi or send us the original full size digital file. Your file should be about 3-6mb in jpeg format otherwise the photo may be unusable.
Due date is December 15th, 2020
Posted on September 27, 2019Please Join us for an information evening presented by The University of British Columbia to learn about life and learning at UBC. Date: Monday, September 30th Time: 5:30 -6:30 pm Place: Learning Commons, Alpha […]
Posted on September 17, 2019Wednesday September 25th is the first CLC info day. Grade 11s will be called down for the assembly in Period 1 and Grade 12s will be called down for Period 2. […]
Posted on September 17, 2019Do you or your child feel uncertainty about which direction they should take after graduation? Does narrowing the field of options leave you feeling overwhelmed? Parents as Education & Career Coaches can […]
Posted on March 13, 2019Congratulations to our Provincial Champion Sava Savkovic who finished 1st place at the BC Gymnastics Provincial Championships at South Delta Secondary on March 9th. There were 15 student-athletes in his […]
Posted on March 4, 2019Alpha’s course selection is now complete. Students can click here for instructions on how to verify your next year courses. Parents and guardians can verify their child’s courses for the next school […]
Posted on February 25, 2019Application Deadline: March 14th, 2019 Interested in becoming a Firefighter? Come experience this dynamic career firsthand! Participants can earn CPR-C, and learn skills such as rapelling, operating a fire hose, fire prevention […]
Posted on February 20, 2019Industry Training – Program Specific OPEN HOUSE Students and parents interested in the various district industry training program have the opportunity to visit the school site and program facilities in […]
Posted on February 13, 2019Alpha Music Honey Fundraiser All Natural, Unpasteurized, and Certified Kosher Honey products from Chilliwack River Valley Honey Farms. Regular and Creamed Varieties available in 500g and 1kg jars. The “flavour” […]
Posted on February 11, 2019Alpha Secondary School is proud of Grade 12 soccer phenom Giuliana Zaurrini, who has been unveiled as a major player in SFU’s lineup for the 2019-2020 women’s soccer team. Way […]
Posted on February 11, 2019Semester two Parent-Teacher Conference Evening is on Thursday, March 14, 2019. Interview times are available from 2:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. and from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. The online […]
- August 29, 2018 No Comments
- February 23, 2017 No Comments
- December 10, 2019 No Comments
- December 3, 2019 No Comments
- November 29, 2019 No Comments
- November 28, 2019 No Comments
- November 26, 2019 No Comments
- November 25, 2019 No Comments
- November 25, 2019 No Comments
- November 19, 2019 No Comments
- November 15, 2019 No Comments
- November 13, 2019 No Comments